Welcome to the toolkit for the Paper Tigers screening in your school or district and the path to resilience for your students who need it most. The Illinois Education Association is proud to partner with you to make a difference in the lives of students in Illinois. Here are some things that can help you in your efforts. There are tools here to help you:
- Notify attendees of the event,
- Invite media, (if you so choose),
- Invite lawmakers or VIPs in your community, if you’d like,
- Items to help you during the presentation,
- And, materials you can share with attendees either before they come to the viewing, or that they can take home with them after.
Please feel free to use any or all of them.
Publicity (all are able to be edited to suit your needs):
Invitations and prep materials:
- Paper Tigers Flier generic (edit to suit your needs)
- Link to Paper Tigers trailer – feel free to send the trailer out electronically to spur interest to anyone who signs up or to all the potential attendees for whom you have email addresses
- Link to TED talk – This is a great precursor to the movie and thoroughly explains in simple language the brain science behind ACEs
- Partnership for Resilience
Take home items:
- SB 100 FINAL – This is the new Illinois law that encourages expulsion as a last result
- Aces Too High website – Nearly any printouts from this website will be helpful, as it includes the ACEs questions and what the answers mean, etc.