Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Resources
IEA President Kathi Griffin’s Message for March 24, 2020
Welcome to the Illinois Education Association’s COVID-19 information page. Here you will find links to some of the major information clearinghouse sites where you will find the most helpful and frequently updated information regarding the pandemic.
IEA leaders are involved in daily conversations with education stakeholders as plans continuously evolve regarding the rest of the academic year in Illinois. Please know that in these conversations, IEA will be looking to make sure several things happen:
- Everyone – students, members and your families – can stay safe and healthy;
- Members remain whole as a contributing member to our economy, which will take a huge blow as a result of the pandemic;
- Students see as much success as possible under these unconventional circumstances;
- And, that there is flexibility granted to schedules, work locations, assignments and conditions. This is all new, but work must still be done and we are all going to have to join together to find ways to accomplish it.
We’re hearing wonderful stories from all over the state about educators doing wonderful things – from unique e-learning techniques to providing food or internet to underserved communities. We’re not surprised. And, we’re so very proud. Thank you! Thank you for always coming through for Illinois’ students.
But, we know that it can be an anxious and frightening time, too. For information on what is happening in your local area, please reach out to your local association leaders. If you don’t know who those people are, feel free to contact IEA Connect through the chat button at the bottom of this page, by email or by phone at 844-IEA-1800.
Standard links to crucial information:
- Latest ISBE Guidance 3-27-20
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Illinois Community College Board
- Teacher’s Retirement System
- State Universities Retirement System
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- National Education Association
- Additional educator resources
- Online learning resources
- USDA – SFSP COVID-19 Guidance
- Financial help available
Share Your Story
Share a message of support to your union brothers and sisters or share a story about how you are helping out during the COVID-19 school closure. #BetterTogether #LearnwithIEA #IEAStronger